9.17.2012

Helmut Lang SS13. WOW!

So Nicole and Michael Colovos, the talented duo also known as Helmut Lang have adopted the forecasted colour of the season, tangerine, into their latest collection to hit NYFW. I know this is old news to some, but I am loving the latest collection! I had heard that they had strayed from their signature look and I wasn't sure if it was going to be a good thing or a bad thing. In my mind, its a great thing!! I am lovinggggggg it and I can still see the traditional asymmetric cuts in this collection as well as the familiar unstructured jacket. The knee length pieces, use of sheer fabrics, mixture of relaxed fits with a retro futuristic sporty luxe (ha!) vibe, along with the seductive and sexy psychedelic, oriental prints and fits make this collection a stand out for me. The designers worked with tattoo artist Thomas Hooper to create mesmerising prints in shades of blues, oranges and reds. I have seen at least 5 pieces that I must have. Oh dear!!
I've included both backstage and runway shots. There's just something about backstage photos that I find more captivating then the runway ones. If I ever had the chance, I think I would prefer to be behind the scenes photographing it all happening rather then front row. Being amongst all the chaos, the models, the designer etc would be so much more up my alley!! Can you imagine!?? If only..
To check out some more images from the show click HERE as 'Sheer Mag' has them up :) xx





















No comments: